Corporate services, Capital Markets Law, M&A
Corporate services, Capital Markets Law, Mergers and Acquisitions are at the very heart of our legal practice. Our lawyers have years of experience in rendering legal counsel within acquisitions and mergers as well as divisions and transformations of commercial companies and partnerships, including listing on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
We can guarantee comprehensive services regarding capital transactions as our experience is supported by theoretical expertise of our team led by prof. UAM Tomasz Sójka -an academic of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, specialising in Captal Markets Law.
Our service is not bound by national boarders. We work on due diligence of foreign entities and advise on international mergers and acquisitions.
Our recent work includes:
- Legal counsel on acquisitions of a number of companies active in the field of renewable energy sources.
- Legal counsel for a listed company of IT market within the fulfillment of the disclosure obligation.
- Legal counsel in relation to a disinvestment of a listed company in the subsidiary with a total transaction value of several hundred million PLN, involving, among others, sale of the company, the issuance of bonds and increase in the share capital in exchange for contributions in-kind.
- Drawing up the prospectus and legal counsel on release of new shares to trading on the regulated market.
- Counsel for a public company active in the field of new technologies at the signing of a Stanby Equity Distribution Agreement with London based hedge fund; transaction value up to 12 mln PLN.
- Legal counsel for a public company of the airline industry and its shareholders at the issue of shares directed to one of the leading private equity groups.
- Legal counsel for the leader of the press market and FMCG within a cross-border issuance of bonds with a total transaction value of over 100 mln PLN, the sale of the structured part of the enterprise and acquisition of shares by an international investment fund.
- Advising on one of the biggest debt-to-equity transactions on the Polish market in relation to restructuring of debts due to currency options contracts -over 160 mln PLN in value.
- Legal advice on several projects regarding sale of wind farms - the total value of over a billion PLN.
- Ongoing legal advisory with respect to contracts concluded by one of the largest press and FMCG distributors in Poland – handling of more than 1,500 contracts concluded since October 2010 in all areas of the company's operations (including: sales, supply, agency agreements, IT implementation contracts, marketing agreements), as well as the development and implementation of an IT system for issuing opinions on contracts and for their registration and storage.
- Project involving the purchase of financial services, including procurement of a bridge facility, treasury transactions and bank guarantees with a total potential value of up to PLN 220m.
- Preparation and implementation of an international private issue of Polish bonds in two tranches, with a total value of PLN 250m, issued by a company incorporated under Dutch law.
- Procurement and installation of a technological line used for recycling used electric and electronic equipment for one of the leading recycling organisations in Poland
- Comprehensive legal advisory on the drafting and negotiation of documentation for two funds of funds financed within the Intelligent Development Operational Programme and tasked with providing indirect financing to innovative companies engaged in R&D projects
- Ongoing or project-based (strategic and transaction-specific) advisory to venture capital funds.